Basic connection problems

Hey y’all. I have 2 uno and 1 quad. All three will be recognized when I discover lights on my iPhone and my routers app with say they are connected. But when powered no matter if my preferences are set to 50 or 500 only the first 50 will light up white with a few in that 50 not working. I’ve never been able to control the lights either with the app or my laptop. Everything control wise will be up but I can’t change colors or anything. Now I figure bc all three do this that it’s not the boards and it’s me not doing something right. Sometimes the lights will flash white and the boards lights will flash also. Sometimes the WiFi will stop and the WLED-AP will disappear and not show up again until I go to wled installer and install wled again. What am I doing wrong here? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What LEDs are you using?
Do you have the correct GPIO set in LED Preferences for the pin you are using on the Dig’s?
Are you sure you are connecting to the beginning of the strip? Data only flows 1 direction.

I’m using WS2811 LEDs. GPIO is set to 16. When I get home I’ll try the other end of the LEDs. I’ll get back to you shortly. Thanks

Look for an arrow symbol or something like “DI”, or “DIn” printed on the strip.

I had it connected correct. The unos worked last Christmas and the quad is new.

I would first try updating one of the boards at: https://install.quinled.info/ and see if it works. If it’s still acting up I would try asking at @Quindor 's discord and maybe someone will have another idea.

1 Like