Button to change other Button Action

I have two buttons.

• [0] Push button: Cycle presets, up|down by short|double press
  • [1] Analog button: Potentiometer to change brightness (double=250)

Potentiometer acts a bit slow, but nevertheless works as expected.

I would like to on demand (during runtime) change the potentiometer to control effect speed or intensity as well. To select the action behind the potentiometer I would like to use long press of push button [0] to cycle the potentiometer [1] double actions 248|249|250 = intensity|speed|brighness.

Is it possible to setup button long press [0] to change the action configured at another button [1]?

Maybe an API command or usermod I’ve missed? … any help appreciated, thanks

In general an API command to change button actions [short, long, double] could do it …

Hello. I’m new to this and based from what you posted. I would like to understand a bit better. You have two buttons. Button 1 will cycle though the basic colors you have, example. Red, Blue,Green. Everytime you press the button a different color appears. If you press button 2 it will reverse back the colors. Is that correct? If yes. Is there any chance you can share that with me please. Also the diimmer with a potentiometer is something i was planning to do as well. Actually thats what im looking for. Thank you in advance.