COB single colour problem

Hi,

I’m prototyping my first WLED project. I bought some 24V warm white COB leds connecting them straight to the 24V adapter they power on but when connecting them to the ESP8266 board with wago plugs (pictures below) nothing’s happening.

This might be an electronic problem but might also be because my WLED settings are wrong.

Does anyone know which LED settings in WLED this strips needs? I find it hard to find single white settings in the led preferences menu.

Maybe the solderless wire splitters don’t work? Maybe the WAGO connectors don’t work? I don’t know.

Thanks!

M

Those are just analog LED strips. WLED is for addressable LEDs for changing colors and what not. Those strips will not work with WLED. The only thing those strips require is power. Not data.

:frowning:

Yeah, I’m new to leds… that’s a shame. Thanks for the clarification.

How could you tell that these are digital? Are there nice COB’s that work in a digital way? Can you recommend some nice warm white digital led strips? Doesn’t have to be just COB’s btw.

Thanks!

There is really no point in having that for just white. I mean what else can you really do with white other than make it dimmer/brighter?

Maybe I’m not experienced enough about this…

Isn’t it possible to add fx to a white strip when using WLED?

Also, it would’ve just been nice to have every led strip at my workplace be wifi controllable from the same application

You could have a look at these: https://www.amazon.com/BTF-LIGHTING-Addressable-Natural-Flexible-Decoration/dp/B0BNDR8Z5V/ref=sr_1_2

wled is for analog and addressable. :wink: Just different hardware required.

Not if you want fx :yum:

You can if you have multiple channels. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Would you be down to explain me what hardware that would be? Interested…

Just multiple RGB(W) channels. I make a board with four of those. That can be expanded by using DDP across multiple boards.