I am having some reliability issues on my WLED strips.
Here is my setup:
- I have ~20 different trees wrapped in LED strings, each string is a 12v string with a unique d1 mini esp clone connected to each one (with a step down power supply)
- each is connected to the same wifi network with power saving turned off and double messages turned on for UDP sync
- tree 1 has sync turned on, all others have it turned off
- all trees are connected to mqtt
- I have a hubitat automation hub with an mqtt driver
- wifi shows each tree connected with “decent” signal (not great and not terrible)
- I have a unifi system with a special wireless network just for my iot devices
- all devices currently are running 0.10.2
So here is my problem, when I use mqtt to turn the trees on or off, they don’t all consistently turn on. I would say 1 time out of 10 all of them turn on. 8 times out of 10, 1 tree would stay off (or on). And 1 time out of 10 more than one tree would misbehave.
When controlling using the app it seems to work well enough. Prior to Turing on double udp packets, the sync was equally unreliable where preset or color changes would not be taken by some trees most of the time, but that’s fixed now.
It’s also worth noting that the tree that does not turn on is random and not consistent.
Can anyone provide some advice on how to test and fix?