Controlling WS2811 (I think!) strips

Hi all.

** EDIT **
Looks like it’s using an SC6803 IC so I guess they are not WS2811! Can these work with WLED?

I have some old strips that were purchased with a basic controller a few years back and would like to integrate them into my WLED setup. I think that are WS2811 strips as they are 12v, have 3 LED per segment and each segment has a controller chip.

I’ve read that the 3.3v level from my ESP 8266 needs to level shifted to 5v so I used an older level shifter from Proto-Pic that I had in the junk box. I’ve put 3.3v + from the ESP into the low side with ground and the data signal and used the Vin pin on the ESP to supply 5v+ to the high side. From the high side, I take the TX to the Din pin on the strip and Ground to the pin on the strip. I also power the strip with 12v.

The strip lights up but does not respond to anything sent by WLED. What am I missing here?

My strip also has a Cin (Clock I guess?) so do I need to do anything with that?

Thanks,

Matt

If your strip has a clock pin they are not 2811/12. The clock will need to be used to clock data into the strip. I believe wled supports this but I don’t know how to instruct you to turn it on.

Look at supported LED types. I think yours is not there.