Dig-uno, with ws2815 and PWM W

I just received my first dig uno (esp32) , and 5M of ws2815 (30 led/m). I have it working without much trouble. one segment 0 to 150.

I noticed I should be able to drive an analog White LED strip with it’s second data pin. I set up an addition led strip, PWM W, on pin 3, (index 150), added a FET driver module. I see once this is done, I get a “white channel” slider in the interface. But it does seem to control this output. Putting a scope on it, I see a 50% duty cycle 19.5 kHz sq wave, but moving the slider does not effect this.

Have I missed something in my setup?
What the index 150 mean, in the PWM set up?

Thanks.
Mark

When you add the 2nd output pin with PWMW, WLED treats this as if you had a physical strip with 151 LED’s. So if you add a 2nd segment with 1 LED starting at 150 you should be able to vary the brightness of that LED and affect the duty cycle of the pin. The “white channel” slider will only affect that one LED.

Thanks, i’ll give it a try in the morning.

I can control the white led strip, with the brightness slider, but not with the white channel slider.
So I don’t have independent control of the white strip.
I have segment 0 start 0 stop 150 grouping 1 (150 LEDS)
segment 1 start 150 stop 151 grouping 2 (1 LED (1 virtual))

The slider in the segment 1 setup, has not control on this strip. (segment 0’s slide works).

I went back to it, set the 'index" in the led config for this strip to 150, and found I now can control the brightness on the white strip with the slider in the segment setup, max out by the main brightness slider.

Not ideal, but workable

Just curious, why do you have the grouping set to 2 on segment 1. There’s only 1 LED in that segment so nothing to group?

probably just ignorance. I have not found any documentation on groups, so just guessing. Setting to group 2, made it appear a s a virtual led, which seems like what I wanted. I didn’t want it part of any pattern of the main segment.

I found the documentation on segments/group Segments - WLED Project.

I’ve manage to get the white strip to be controlled by the white channel slide (sometimes). Select only Segment 1 (led 150), solid effect, a white color from the palate.