New dig uno

Just got the newest dig uno with wled pre-installed. I’m running about 300 ws2811 LEDs per channel so that’s 600 total. Using a 12v 50 amp power supply separate from the dig uno. It will not save my led count in led preferences it just resets back to 30 after my save. Any ideas? I’ve tried to lower the led count and still no success.

I would try pulling the esp32 off of the board and reflashing it on a pc with a usb-c (I think quindor esp’s are usb-c) data cable. install.wled.me

That fixed it! Thank you for the response. It’s so simple too I just didn’t think of it. 2nd year with wled is my excuse.

Something to add, I do believe I’m at the maximum for this controller. Probably should have sprung for the digi quad. But it works with 325 pixels per channel (2 channels) for a grand total of 1950 LEDs. I don’t power the strips directly from the controller since it’s only rated for 25 amps max and I’m running a 50 amp power source. So I’m just using the 2 data outputs. I have grounded the dig uno to my power source though. All is as it should be for now.

1 Like

Are you really running 1950 LEDs with a dig uno? I’m working on a project with around 1100. Tell me more!

Actually I’ve added more this Christmas season because I’ve figured out what I’ve been struggling with on my display. Turns out I wasn’t grounding the controller correctly. Now all presets and anything else saves to the diguno perfectly.
Currently I’m running 1800 individual LEDs on led1 and 900 LEDs on led2. BUT divide that by 3 because my led strips are ws2811s. 3 LEDs light up and only count as 1. So what the diguno thinks it’s controlling is 600 on led1 and 300 on led2. With that said I do not power the strips directly through diguno I have a 30 amp power supply separate. Which was my grounding issue by the way. The diguno is a powerhouse! Worth every penny. I will be adding even more to it this week so it’ll be pushed to it’s limit but I think it’ll be fine.