DigQuad is connected to Wifi but WLED App cannot connect

Newbie here so I may ask dumb questions. I have a Quinled digquad running WLED 1.4.0
I can access and control my LED’s through the captive WLED-AP network but when I connect to my home 2.4G router, I cannot access it with the WLED App on my iPhone (also connected to the 2.4G band). When I try to discover lights, it always finds no lights. If I enter the controller’s IP address from my router list, it searches for maybe 5 secs and comes back with “offline”. I am using DHCP with dynamic IP which is best for other equipment on the network.

I’m stumped, any suggestions?

Try something other than your iPhone to connect to WLED.
Also try the alternate Native app.

A static IP reservation in your router would be best. Then you always know what IP the device is using.

How far is your controller from your router?
If you can see the WLED-AP in your wifi list the controller is not connected to your network.

Thanks for the responses guys. I will try to address both your suggestions. I can access the local wled-ap from either my iPhone or Mac and control the LED functions. If I then set up the WiFi to connect to my home 2.4g network, the controller connects reliably every time. It’s only about 20ft between the controller and the router with no walls or furniture in-between. Once it connects to my home network, I can see it in the router’s connected devices and it usually has the same IP. This is where I lose control, the WLED App cannot see it for some reason even though I know it’s connected and I know what its IP address is. Also, because it’s connected to my home network, the wled-ap access point goes away.

Divsys what alternative native app are you referring to?

Jinx, I know static IP would be better in the long term but it seems I ought to be able to connect real time witha dynamic IP if I know the controller is connected and I know its IP.

Just an update for anyone else who may have this problem, I finally got it working. I had misunderstood and thought that since the Controller must connect to a 2.4g Wifi network, then my iPhone needed to be on the same 2.4g network as the controller. Not so apparently. When I tried to access controller on the 2.4G network with WLED through 5G on my iPhone, everything works fine. Embarrassed it has taken me a week to figure this out. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Glad you got it working. You should be able to access it if your phone is on 2.4g as well. Weird.

That’ was what I thought but maybe it’s something weird with my Router. Once I switched to 5G it found and connected immediately and I hadn’t even switch to static IP’s yet which I have since done. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like