I purchased all of the parts for my 5x new WLED-wemos-sheilds in order to run a couple of different projects. All of my projects will be 12V based.
- I am planning on using a 20A PSU for one project to run a couple (2-3) strands of WS2815 (600-900 LEDs)
- I am planning on running a 30A PSU to power all 10x WS2811 50LED strings (500 LEDs in total), my justification for the 30A PSU for less LEDs was that it is over a longer distance.
I have several questions:
- What size fuse should I use for these two separate projects?
- Do I need to run all of the power via the WLED-wemos-shield or can I tap into the PSU directly to provide power injections for strips in which case I shouldn’t need that big of a fuse for the first set of strips that might be powered by the WLED-wemos-shield?
- I suspect that if I inject power directly from the PSU, the downstream strands that are power injected directly from the PSU won’t be able to take advantage of the “Relay for power saving feature” feature of the shield, correct?