Problem with segment on v11

I just upgraded to v11 after using previous version without this bug

I have a string of 98 lights in 8 equal lengths with 12 lights on each plus 2 lights between the 4th and 5th string as they are physically further apart (basically a matrix in a window that has two pains of glass)

In the previous version I setup segment 0 light 0-12, seg1 12-24, seg2 24-36, seg3 36-48 then left a gap on two lights so started seg4 50-62, seg5 62-74, seg6 74-86 and seven7 86-98

Every other segment was reverse direction and this worked well all effects

Now in v11 only some effects work like rainbow is fine but sine isn’t for some reason it’s messing up from segment 4 now right after the gap of two lights I left and I can’t figure out why

So the segment of 12 lights on segment 4 are where it starts to go all wrong colours and pattern but goes ok again on segment 5,6&7 figure that out ?

If there is something I am missing please let me know this is bugging me and many thanks for the help in advance

Hi!
It seems like maybe the preset was not imported correctly… I assume you saved the segment config to Preset 16 in the previous version?
If you manually try to set the segments to the effect you want, does that work or do the LEDs still not do what you expect?
Hope we can find the issue :slight_smile:

Hey thanks for the reply

I did have the previous segments saved to slot 16 but I have not imported any affects from
Old, was reflashed with new version and setup manually

So quick answer no that still doesn’t correct the error on segment 4, really strange one

Thank you for the feedback!

Do you have this config save to a preset in 0.11.0?
If yes, try loading it and sending me the output of http://[WLED-IP address]/json/si and http://[WLED-IP]/presets.json :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help, I have directly sent you the output for what’s was asked above

I am thinking the error is being caused because I am not using those 2 leds between segment 3 and 4 as that is where the error starts, but skipping them in previous version had the desired effect and 0.11.0 broke this

Thank you for sending me the JSON! It indicates that you have preset cycle activated.
If you turn the preset cycle off and try to apply the presets, do they work correctly?

If I apply your preset 1, it correctly sets the Rainbow effect on all segments with reversing direction on every other segments (similar to the Flow effect with only one segments) and 2 dark LEDs before segment 4. This appears to be the effect you want (nothing strange on segment 4), so I assume it is a problem with the cycle…

New info: I believe the issue might be caused by https://github.com/Aircoookie/WLED/issues/1447

most of the effects setup on that JSON work fine its preset 4 that has the problem being the sine effect

if i don’t have any segments i can’t tell as the string is in a zig/zag pattern fixe to a window, which actually makes some cool effects.

thanks again

not sure this is the same bug, as they describe the bug when preset cycle is active, I can produce my bug when manually activating the effect

Update

I have re-downloaded the 0.11.0 bin and flashed to another esp8266 of identical specs and can’t create the fault I was having ?

So now working did the assets get any change ?

Thanks for the help anyway