Questions around WLED and CCT LED strips?

Hi,

I recently purchased several Quinled An-Penta-Mini boards. Thanks to some help from the Quinled Discord, I was able to compile WLED 0.15, with some overrides for the ESP32-C3 in the An-Penta-Mini. Yaysies!

I’m not attempting to configure WLED to work well with some analog CCT LED strips. Here is my current configuration for the LED strips:

I had some (hopefully easy) questions around WLED and CCT LED strips:

Questions

1. My LED strip has WW (warm white) and CW (cool white) LEDs, with each controlled by a different channel (GPIO 5 and 4). The Quinled board doesn’t have any onboard chips for power-monitoring - my plan is to just monitor at the power outlet itself. However, is there some way of seeing the relative power consumption between the two channels? (So I can divide up the total consumption at the outlet)
  2. There’s a “White channel” slider - initially this was set to 0, and I was confused, as nothing seemed to be working. In the case of CCT white LED strips - should this always be set to 100%? Or is there any reason you’d set it to values less than 100%?
  3. There’s also a “White balance” slider - which I believe turns up/down the power going to the warm and cool channels. However, if I have access to a light spectrometer, is there some way to get this to correspond to actual colour temperature values (in kelvins)?

(For example, showing numerical values on the slider somehow). Or how else do people normally handle setting white lights in WLED to specific colour temperatures?
  4. In the settings, there is a “Clock” field - is this the PWM frequency? Is there any way to find out what frequency each option corresponds to?
  5. Is there any way to limit the power/output in WLED for analog LED strips? (I saw there’s an “automatic brightness limiter” - however, apparently it only works with digital/addressable LEDs?)
  6. Under “White management”, what does “White Balance correction” do please?

Super excited to play more with WLED :grinning:

Thanks,
Victor