[Solved]Presets not saving

I don’t think I’m alone here but I’m having a serious problem saving presets. I’ve even tried the 14 beta with no success. I’m just limited to my knowledge on writing code and this is all foreign to me already. There is no “easy” fix to this correct?

Serious problems as in?

I have the same problem. Writes an error when saving the preset on version 14b

Saving presets on the newer firmware and the 14b firmware. I’ve read the 14b fixed the issue but it hasn’t for me at least. Running brand new DigUno.

You are reading it wrong. :slight_smile: 0.14 does not solve the root problem bot tries to mitigate it to lessen the impact.
Core issue is still present in underlying libraries.

I see. Bare with me on this next one. So it’ll save the presets, like 5 or 6 before the malfunction, when I go to save presets in settings where does it save them to? That way I can load them again when it erases.

The underlying issue makes the project really difficult to set up. We’ve resorted to hand-editing JSON with online editors and uploading them manual.

At my day job, we faced mystery issues with our EEPROMs getting corrupted (or at least claiming to be corrupted). I implemented readback code so after a write, I would read back the data and compare to what I wrote. If it didn’t match, I’d retry up to three times before reporting a failure.

I’ve only been using WLED for a few days, but I’ve found where the writes are done and plan to implement this in my code to try to mitigate the issue.

1 Like

use /edit to get to the file editor

Any news on this topik? Just freaks me out a WS2814 with an ATHOM WLED controller newest wled fw on int… getting mad really

Mad? Why?
Use the latest source.

Tried to edit the json file, firstly I was not succes, nothing happened, but this morning it worked.

Just wanted to update this post. After no success last year with presets not being saved I thought about throughout the summer and figured out the issue. I was grounding incorrectly somehow. My overcomplicated something that is really very simple. Everything is flawless this year now that I’ve simplified it. Maxing out the diguno Even using both LED output channels with zero issues. Just love that controller.

Thanks for the update, maybe you could update the topic with [Solved] to attract more attention to your solution.
(That’s not a dig at you, the more real world solutions to problems, the better for everyone)

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. This is pretty much the only forum I’ve been involved with so it’s nice to learn how they work. Appreciate it.

1 Like