Super noob, Trying to please my wife and son

Hello, First I’m super green here, just learning about arduinos, etc…

My wife and son saw a youtube video .

I was then asked to make one… with parts presented to me. I have an ESP-WROOM-32 on the back it looks to be ESP-32S V1.1

Will this hardware work for this lamp project? I am having issues with unloading the esp32_bootloader.bin / esp32_bootloader.bin with the ESP32S Downloading tool 3.8.8

No matter what I select in the BAUD: it is always 1152000.

Please help, I have a 6 soon to be 7yr that wants this light and I want to use it to help push his interests into the computers fields. I too, would like to learn more to make another bond with my son. TIA.

Your board should work fine. You need ESPhome flasher to flash one file WLED-wemos-shield/esp32_no_mods.bin at master · srg74/WLED-wemos-shield · GitHub
After flashing file all you need to do is set pin number you will use for your LED strip.

while trying to use ESPhome flasher i get:

Using ‘COM3’ as serial port.
Connecting……_____
Unexpected error: ESP Chip Auto-Detection failed: Failed to connect to Espressif device: Timed out waiting for packet header

Using ‘COM3’ as serial port.
Unexpected error: could not open port ‘COM3’: PermissionError(13, ‘Access is denied.’, None, 5)

I do know a little about this I have been able to flash my 3d printer with marlin 1.1.9 and then stumbled through PLatformIO to compile marlin 2.0.7 …

this… IDK I have been watching youtube videos and trying to search the web for why mine is not working. PC, Windows 10 pro v20h2.

The error means that you need to hold down the Boot button.

THANK YOU! on to the next step.

Will this hardware work for this lamp project?
yes perfektly
You need ESPhome flasher to flash one file
absolutly right
and there is so much more than computing
building the lamp is a very good challange for all three of u
have fun