Unresponsive Dig-Quad - Wireless

Hello All… I have a problem with a new DigQuad. Recieved it this week and it worked for about an hour. Setup the network reboot it and it worked… (WifI). Turned it off went to bed came back the next day and when I turn it on there is an orange light on the ESP and the board below. I have tried to communicate with it via the web update utility to read the logs and it fails. Tried the esphome-flaser application and it also fails. I tried holding the boot button down and there is no change. Tried to hold it down when I powered it on via a USB cable and nothing. (Yes I am using a data cable).

Any ideas on how to bring this back to life?

Thanks Mike

You should talk to @Quindor :wink:

1 Like

Apologies only just now noticed this post (and e-mail, I’m way way behind, please use the Discord for troubleshooting with us!).

But upon first glance, those input wires are way way too thin. Even just the board running with the LEDs attached and being off is likely causing voltage drop on the input below 4.5v which means the board will start having a hard time booting! Please use a properly sized power supply and connect the right size and amount of input cables to minimize issues there. It depends on your setup what you need but something like 2x 12AWG for instance is great if you want to go up to 30Amps otherwise maybe 2x 16AWG or something like that.

Try and join the Intermittent Technologies Discord server that’s really the best place to troubleshoot with us: Intermit.tech on board related issues.