V0.13.0-b6 LED outputs dissapears and strange behaviour

Goodday all,

Running 2x DigquadV3 with V0.13.0-b6 with LAN connections. Upon changing some stuff via phone in WLED, for example the current limiter or a setting, sometimes ALL the LED outputs with their config disappear and 1 remains reset to standard 30 LEDS.

This also happens when I try to change it back 1 by 1, it sometime just resets after saving.

Also when I try to add a LED to a output and then save it and check it, WLED added another 1 (2 in total) and does this over and over again. (I have the skip the first LED checked, maybe this causes this behaviour.)

I just replied with info on this in another thread.

Hi , I have below setup

SR0.13.0-b3 with 8x32 WS2812B matrix on esp32 DEVKIT V1
SR 0.13.0-b4 with 16x16 WS2812B matrix on esp32 nodmcu
0.13.0-b6 with 30 led WS2812B strip esp32 nodmcu

Past few days I noticed some unsuitability when using WLED app to do a lot of configuration or when changing lots of effects .I noticed no issues when changing only few setting . But my setups are for ongoing projects and could be related to both HW and SW .

In my case 0.13.0-b6 is having the least issues but might be because it ts connected to few leds and not running the reactive stuff nor a matrix

A friend suggested to test another app to control WLED to test for UI related issues but still that might not cover all the bugs if any are still in the firmware itself . I will try it if I face a lot of unsuitability

With the frequent updates for WLED ,i am ignoring minor bugs that have a workaround to make sure i dnt have any hw issues and waiting for the next release specially for the sound reactive version as its the most bugy in my setup .

Sorry if this is not of help but one question you could answer is how stable is the DigquadV3 ? because I really wanted something to reduce the HW and power issues and I thought its very stable .

Hello, I had more luck with generic ESP32 that I cobbled together with a pixel directly behind it and external power with fuses for the LED’s. I bought 2 Digquads, purely for the LAN connection that I wanted for Xlights and WLED for the “normal” stuff, golden combination in my opinion. I have it now 2 weeks but I am afraid I had nothing but trouble with both sets. I truly do not know where it’s coming from, but now I have finally all the lights and Sequence, radio ready, the boards are not responsive… feels al little that christmas is over right now for me… (:frowning: EDIT: LAN connection after clean install was on me, I did not open the LAN connection via the AP… Now I hope that the clean V0.13.0-B4 is more stable, time will tell

Good thing you solved the issue and i hope you get things stable .

its interesting what you said about having more luck with esp32 , its true having your own
standalone esp32 is flexible but it is not stable and you need to fine tune each component , Its too much hard work ( or might be its just i am too lazy ) . I guess that’s why people try the shields like the Digquads .

Lately i am really disappointed with the cost ,time and effort it takes to setup few led effects . this is because I just bought a commercial controller ( magic home ) which was believe it or not same cost as the esp32 alone ! and i have 256 matrix and 5v 8a psu behind it and its working fine without any
problem . I just wish I could use something like that with WLED but not sure we can flash it

I’ll be waiting to see if Digquads or other hardware could make our life a bit easier . I look forward to hearing from you on any issue you may face after you got a chance to test more . I hope you will have a smooth christmas setup