WeMos D1 Mini OLED support

I have updated the ‘SD1306 128x32 OLED via i2C’ usermod to work with the WeMos D1 Mini 64x48 pixel OLED shield that many users may have access to. I am not sure how to upload/share the CPP/INO file and BIN file so that others may use it.

In the meantime, I have shared it with Aircoookie in the hope that he can help with this.

1 Like

@DWiskow What exactly you want to use? For SSD1306 we have couple user modes. You can copy one to folder wled00 and replace with your code in file usermod.cpp Than recompile code in Arduino and this is it.

I don’t want to use anything, I have it working perfectly on my WeMos D1 mini thank you.

I have created a specific version for the WeMos 64x48 pixel OLED . . . others may want to use it (but I don’t know how to share it here).

@DWiskow You can create user mod.cpp file and posted to Github. Or you can posted to this group to usermod section.

Modified source code for WeMos D1 Mini OLED here . . .

and, pre-compiled binary here . . .

@DWiskow Could you please send some photos from your OLED?

The WeMos D1 Mini (ESP8266) on a tripler base together with a WeMos button shield and a WeMos 64x48 OLED shield . . .

. . . the three dupont wires from 5V, GND & D4 are connected to a WS8212B 8x8 (NeoPixel) Matrix of 64 RGB LEDs

See links here (https://docs.wemos.cc/en/latest/d1/d1_mini.html# & https://docs.wemos.cc/en/latest/d1_mini_shiled/index.html) for more details on the board/shields . . . they are available from all the usual sources (eBay, Amazon, Aliexpress etc) for very little money ($9 all in from Aliexpress using the ‘Buy it’ links on the each of the relevant pages from the WeMos.cc site above)

1 Like

Nice setup!

I was wondering if you could help with something similar?
I’ve got a TTGO LORA32 ESP32 board that has a built in OLED but not sure how to get this usermod to work with it:

@Henry In general is your board is working with WLED?

1 Like

Just trying to get my head around custom mods… How would I add this to the ethernet bin?

Can you explain your plan? What is your setup?

Using a wt32-eth01, building my own shield.

Would be handy to see it’s IP address, relay state, and if it’s receiving sacn or current preset/effect

Ethernet uses a lot of GPIO pins.
It may not be possible to use Ethernet & display.

1 Like

Lol… Have discovered this in the last few hours… Struggling to find which pins are reserved for the ethernet on this board tho.

Has anybody implemented the small size OLED in a v2 usermod? I believe that would be useful to many. I’ve tried compiling with the included cpp file but it throws an error about class ws2812fx not having a member named getmode.

OLED display working with variety of displays. Check usermod description.

Hi and thanks for your reply. The usermods I’ve seen are for a larger display, could you kindly point me to one for the 64*48?

For different size of display you have to modify code. Most common is 128x64 and 128x32

Yeah that’s what I was saying in the first post, I think I looked at every usermod’s description with no luck. Wouldn’t know how to code it myself unless u can point me in the right direction. Or maybe suggest a way to make the provided cpp file of this post compatible? Thanks again.