What do these number icons do?

I have a DigQuad running the latest firmware and can’t seem to find an explanation of what these icons do.
I have 4 channels set up in the DigQuad with the first two up and running. Both of these are reasonably short with 70 and 45 pixels respectively. The remaining two outputs will be broken into two segments each, for a total of 6 segments. So far all is good, but I have no idea what these do.
When opening the dropdown, there are 4 choices (1 - 4), each numbered icon in a different color. Do they represent the 4 Chanels of the DigQuad or possibly 4 optional color schemes?
Seems like it would be an easy thing to Google, but no luck. Anybody know for sure what they do?

These are segment groups. They are meant for easier segment selections.

OK, that’s helpful. So are they just a visual reference or are they functional within the WLED code?
It doesn’t seem to have any effect on the lights as I select 1,2,3 or 4 so I’m not sure how they are intended to be used. For example, if I have six segments and there are 3 ‘groups’ of 2 segments each, will selecting segment 1 in group 1 also select the other segment in that group? What effect does the check mark have in that case?
I understand the intention, just not sure if the implementation doesn’t create more issues than it solves.

Thanks again for the quick answer and I guess I’ll try to do some testing to see how these work.

seg_color

1 Like

@ALDIY
Thank you! Your image makes it perfectly clear. Now I understand what it does and how to use it.
Much appreciated