Which Controller is this and could I flash Soundreactive?

If you were able to flash at all, I would suspect something in the circuitry that’s forcing an “abnormal” status of pins affecting boot up.

What did you have to do to get the device flashed the first time?
Does it work a 2nd time?

When you say “all data is forgotten”, do you mean that WLED is still loaded but your LED settings aren’t saved, your WiFi settings are lost or WLED doesn’t boot?
Can you reset without removing power?
Can you use the serial monitor to watch for output either when it works and/or after a reset?

I tried it again now and flashed the small .bin for esp8285.
It saves everything but the effects are all weird, solid flashes wildly when it should be a certain color.
for data I took GPIO 5, that’s the only one that works.
Strip is ws2811 12V/30LED per meter.

Do you have another idea?

What did you have to do to get it to flash?

As far as outputs, I’m trying to work from what I can see in the previously posted photos.
I can’t tell what actually drives the inputs of the 74HC245 which is important as that looks to drive the D1,C1 and D2, C2 output pins working as a level shifter.
As well I can’t read any markings on the larger chip near the '245 in the photos.
It may have been originally intended to add to the data stream.

Do you have any information as to the model or type of controller this thing is?
Where did you get it originally?

I flashed it via WLED side with an FTDI USB adapter, I took the pins on the back.
And GPI0 must be against minus when flashing.

Sounds like a fairly normal procedure to flash.

Without some more investigation/pictures/measuring traces on the board, it’s a bit of guesswork as to whether there’s a software or circuitry/connection issue. It would at least be worthwhile to find the input pins on the '245 and see what GPIO pins drive them.

It’s difficult for me to measure, I only have a Digiata multimeter, no oscilloscope or anything similar.
If anything can help, you can tell me what to try!

You can use the multimeter to try and follow traces on the circuit board.
Measure the resistance from the '245 inputs to other points on the board especially if you can see what looks like a copper trace going there.

Evemtually you’ll track the PCB trace back to another device/pin (hopefully a GPIO).

It can be a tedious job that takes patience and often a good magnifying glass.
Unfortunately I don’t have one of those controllers or I’d help out.
Where did you get that one originally?