WLED and Jinx, skipping two pixels

I’m trying to set up Jinx with my WLED controlled 8x32 WS2812B Panel Screen.
Since I have 256 pixels / 768 channels, I need to split the connection into two universe.
The first universe is configured to 504 channels and the second universe to 264 channels. When I set up the output patch I selected the dimension 21 x 8 for universe 1 and 11 x 8 for universe 2. I Jinx all pixels seems patched and fine, but when I connect to my panel it skips the two first pixels in universe 2.

Anyone experienced this or have any suggestion on how to fix it?

LED Panel:

1 Like

I can’t explain this but here’s what I believe will work based on my own recent experience doing a 32 x 16.

The two inactive pixels are somehow the result of the six remaining channels from Universe 1 (170 LED max x 3 channels = 510).

To populate the patch first use fast patch to do the first 22 rows. This will result in a partial row 22 since the 170 max limit will be hit. Specifically only those bottom 2 LEDs will get populated in row 22. Then populate the remainder of row 22 manually one LED at a time (of course you are now in Universe 2 and have re-started the channel numbering). When row 22 hase been populated use fast patch to do the rest of the matrix being careful to start at the next available channel.

I am pretty sure this will work. It is easy to make a mistake though.

1 Like

Thanks, I will try that :slight_smile:

Update, it worked. Awsome and thank you!

2 Likes

thanks for that info
i have a created a [11x72] 792pixels
and the display output was not correct now I should be able to get it sorted :slight_smile: thx
i created 5 universes 11x15 per universe 165 pixels per universe so i have 5 spare got to remap :slight_smile:
I also experienced a strange quirk took me a while to figure it out 0_o ,
Wled setup of matrix x = 11 y =72 serpentine config
e131 receiving unclick use main matrix

jinx side seamed to the retarded side ? to get my matrix working it was the oposite of what i would expect? matrix configuration had to start at the bottom and work up with linewise bottom right

where in wled its columnwize bottom left hope this helps someone its viceseversa