Wled and Jinx question

Trust me when I say I’m beyond new at this… just started because I want to learn so I can setup light shows for the holidays at my house…

So I built a matrix made out of strings and this is what it looks like…

It is 17x30 [no clue why I did that LOL]

I’ve looked everywhere to figure out the ‘fast patch’ and how that works and what it even means and I’ve yet to find much explaining it.

Does anyone know of a place or anything else that can help explain it to me so that I can get this working… Yes i"ve experimented but the results…well not good. As I’ll have text coming from the right and left and it doesn’t look good LOL

Thank you all!!

1 Like

hi,you can try it i have made my jnx file using e1.31. all you have to do is adjust the ip address according to what is displayed by your router.

1 Like

Thank you so much it works perfectly!!!

I just have to learn how this all works… I don’t understand universes…fast patch…etc…

But Thank you!!!

your wellcom ,I’m glad to hear that, all of this uses the mathematical logic of multiplication division addition and subtraction. in jink 1 universe it takes 510 ch. 1led has 3ch so it takes 170 leds. in your case 30x17. you have to divide 170 by 30, you need 5 lines = x=30 and y = 5 so that 30x15 = 150 leds, because if 6 lines have an excess of 10 leds, besides that it makes it easier for you to use fastpatch mode. because your initial led is on the bottom right, you put the starting point at coordinates (1,13) so there is a red dot there by clicking on it, then you use patch (snake lines starting bottom right) you will get a green dot and at (1,13 ) you will get ch r=447 g =448 b=449. click on the coordinates (1,12) until there is a red dot, because you have used 150 led you are lacking 20 led again, so you are using fastpatch mode (snakeline starting top left) with dimension y=1 and x= 20. so you have got 1 universe with coordinates (20,12) you will get r=507 g-508 b=509. for the second universe, because 1 line has 30 leds and you have used 20 leds left 10 leds, you click on coordinates (21,12) use fast patch(snake lines starting top left) with dimensions (x=10 and y=1 ) and so on

3 Likes

WOW Thank you so much!!! That helps very much!!!

this is my project with (30x27)pixels

1 Like

WOW that looks great!!!
Nice job!!!

I have to order some more leds but what I want to do is probably make the size 1 1/2 the size it is now…
After I get the lightrs and get it all soldered together… :slight_smile:

I think it’ll be in the neighborhood of about 35 x 70 using your info from above I’ll if I can do this :slight_smile:

What I’d like to do is run 2 identical panels that will fit in my front window :slight_smile:

So I figured out what size this will be 980 pixels [49x20]
Using your input I’m going to try to figure it out… have to wait for my leds to get here :roll_eyes:

Thank you again for the help!!!

I am using 4 vemos and jinx.