WLED make portable

so i have made cornhole board and have 150 lights on each board and they work great BUT i want to also be able to use the WLED and take the boards where ever i go. iv tried to use them on my phones hot spot which i have gotten them to work but i need my computer to also be on the same hot spot i don’t want to have to take my computer just to work the lights on the corn hole board and my phone wont connect to just them when they are on the phones hotspot. i am unsure how to be able to make them completely portable. wish there was a blue tooth option also for them. im not good with coding have done some Arduino projects but still really new to this. i attached my cornhole board picture

so i ended up just resetting the eps32 wroom and started over from scratch it now just works off the app from my phones hotspot. at some point i would be interested to be able to use the wled with no hot spot if setting could be saved on the board and i like to assume that is this push button option i have come across. to be able to just toggle through with out needing the app.

I would try adding an IR remote

1 Like

Hi, I’m not an expert but yes, you should use just one push button to drive your board without an app.
With a “next” preset assigned to that button you can go through all your presets.
(Like &PL=~&P3&P2=11 for example to go from the preset 3 to 11)
I did that on my LED lamps, 1 short push : change preset, 1 long push : turn off

Hi , not sure if still a need. Currently working on a ble solution for sport score.

June 13, 2023 - 0 likes, 0 comments - Planet Laterna (@planetlaterna) on Instagram: "Baking time preparing new panel for #wled #arduino #esp .#diy tutorial coming soon #sportpanel"

If interested can send more details. Writing own code for this, since want to control it with wearable.