Ws2811 esp32

Hello dear forum, I’m new to the group and an absolute beginner. I have an ESP32 and a WS2811 rgb with 60 LED’s and 20 pixels per meter (5m long). I can’t get any further with the settings. Can someone help me? There are always 3 LEDs together and I can’t control a single one. I think it has something to do with the pixels. But I don’t know how I can change (adjust) that🥴

HI Welcome there are 5V and 12V WS2811
as well as Stripes 3LEDS one Controller and BULP 1LED 1 Controller
what do you got and how are they connected

is the LED/Strip GND Connected to ESP32 GND
DO you use a LEVELSHIFTER requirerd for ESP32

Please bear with me. I’m like a virgin in this regard :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Did you install a level shifter? 12/24V strips typically won’t work without one.

I don’t have a level shifter installed. Do you have to install it or how does it work?

It will not work without the shifter
see here
https://kno.wled.ge/basics/compatible-hardware/#levelshifters

if you had used a ESP8266 D1 Mini like wemos it might work but no warrent on that

Thanks

That strip is only addressable every 3 pixels. So whatever the total # of pixels there are in your strip you would type in 1/3 of that # into WLED. You can not change the color of each pixel individually. 12v WS2811 strips are addressed every 3 pixels. (24v are every 6 pixels.)

There are made “Mostly” for LARGE envirerment Backlights around the House or Room
at 40meters length you do not need every pixel

as of TV or simular up to 5meter USE the 5V WS2812b very cheep 1meter around 2USD
no shifter needed as of ESP8266 Boards also cheep 3USD

just plug them and have fun ((( RESISTOR Recomended )))