0.13.0-b6 when I change LED number it's not working ok

Hi, maybe a bug maybe I did something wrong, when I change the led number I should power it off to see the desidered result. This ESP8266 was set previously on a 144 meter striper sk6812 rgbw, now I bought 12 meters 30led/m for a total of 360 led, but if I load a defined preset the number of led became back 144 and I can’t configure again the correct number without a reboot (it takes effect after reboot).
Thank you for help

You are not alone , we faced similar issue with esp32 and ws2812b , might be the beta bug.
I think it’s sometimes necessary to reboot after HW which apply to even other HW , an
example would be a router setting changes that might require a reboot .

I think there are many threads on presets issues but I just delete the old ones , sorry if this is not of help

thanks, I don’t understand "an
example would be a router setting changes that might require a reboot ", can you explain it better?

I think that segment settings are stored in presets. This means that any preset you made when using 144LEDs will have that segment set as part of the preset! You should be able to open a preset, uncheck “current state” and be greeted with a text box full of JSON. You can delete out the segment settings and resave, which will prevent the preset from overwriting your new segment. Otherwise just recreate your old presets for your new segment length.

thank you, yes, the solution is easy… just change in the preset (inside the json editor) the number of leds. So it’s easy to move froma config to another without loosing settings