Different playlists on each segment

Hi I know it has been asked before but I wonder if it is being considered as an enhancement.
I have 2 long strips on different pins and I would like each to have their own playlist.
thanks

Edit. I gave up on this and then just went for the 2x 300 strips on 2 pins to be combined as one ie 600 on the default segment.
I then tried to implement a playlist with 4 x presets on this and it drops back to 300.

Nonsense. :slight_smile: There is no difference regarding WLED operation if you have one output or several. It is the segments that define behaviour.

Unfortunately only one playlist can be active at any time. What’s inside that playlist is entirely up to you. You have the liberty to create presets manually using API which will allow you to control each segment independently.

Consult KB for API.

Hi …OK
I have 2 strips totalling 600 leds and the default segment 0 shows 600, so all good.
I can cycle through different effects and they all light up.
If I click on a saved playlist, then only 300 light up and default segment 0 shows only 300 leds

EDIT
It appears that the presets were added to the playlist whilst set to 300 leds.
Restarted the whole process and resaved the playlists and seems to work now.

I find it helpful to have presets that configure my segments (my “boot” preset), and for all other presets to uncheck “Save segment bounds”.

If you have multiple segment configurations, you want to be in the configuration with the maximum number of segments when you save your other presets.

1 Like