DigUno and Xlights question

I’m sure this has been asked but I can’t find the answer and this is slowing me down.
I have led lights on my garage door and front door on one string. Can I control them separately with one DigUno in xlights? Or would it be better to add a 2nd DigUno for the front door? I just put it in and im using a esp32 mini.
I’m hoping DigUno can control sections of the garage door string like left side, right side and top. So if I can do 3 sides for the garage and then make the front door in another segment is that too much for the DigUno?
What’s the best solution for me if I’m using xlights?
Thanks

With a DigUno / DigDuo, you can control 2 separate LED strips. How many LEDs do you have total?
You can split up segments and strips in xLights. What you do not want to deal (my opinion, not fact) is splitting segments in xlights across 2 strips. I’m sure it is possible and there are probably plenty of examples of it online.

It will (nearly) always be better to have more hardware. That way if one controller goes down, you don’t lose everything.

I guess there is no DigDuo board :wink:

I get what you mean. With recent wled updates, the DigUno became a DigDuo without requiring an esp32 and custom wled fork.

Sorry I said DigUno because it has one channel, the dig quad has multiple channels. But the controller is a ESP32 mini board running wled.
I have 75 one the garage and 47 on the front door all one string. So you think it would be best to add a second controller for each?
And I have the old boards, I just bought some esp32 minis and swapped out the 2886 they came with. I started buying hardware last year and im putting it up now.

DigUno is the right name. I was making a kind of free upgrade joke because the DigUno’s now easily control 2 strips by itself.
In your situation with 75 LEDs and 47 LEDs, an ESP8266 on a DigUno would work just fine with WLED v0.12.x.

Yes when you define the strings in flights definethe model how you want it to be controlled. So define left side front door, top front door …

Clights handles controlling separately with no issue

So to control a second set of lights with the diguno I would just use the 4th pin Coming off where the LEDs plug into?
I hope I can learn all this and get X lights up and running by Christmas time lol

For the number of lights you have I would just use one output. My opinion is having two outputs could add complexity in the setup.