Help with syncing 2 or more node mcu's for a cotinuous effect

I am new to all of this but I’m learning. I have 3 different node mcu type controller’s (ESP 8266) and 1 dig uno. This is not the final layout, but I currently have 350 12V pixels on the dig uno and 150 pixels on one of the ESP 8266 boards. Both work fine indepently. What I was trying to do was join them together as if I had 1 run of 500 pixels for different effects. The first thing I did was to hit sync on the wled for the dig uno with 350 pixels and it warned me that all of my other lights in the network will respond to this one. Pretty much what I wanted. I could make nice effects, but they acted independently, not as one. I had a simple effect that went left to right and then back hoping they would connect so I went into led preferences and said that I had 500 lights. I then made segment 0 go from 0 to 500 leds to see if that did it, but it didn’t. I put segment 0 back to 350 leds and then I made a new segment 1 and told it to go from 351 to 500 leds. Saved it all and pretty much had the same thing as before, 2 independent strings running the same effect. I fooled with the reverse direction and mirror effect, but nothing really changed there either. Not sure if I am missing something or if wled can even do it, but I would eventually like to run all 4 of my controllers all the way around the house and have it look like 1 giant effect. I figured starting with 2 controllers and fewer lights would make easier for me to grasp the concept. Thanks in advance.

Noobz

Can’t do that just yet.

Until that it built into WLED, you can use the E1.31 protocol and software like xLights to control the entire “strip” by joining them as a single strip in that software.

Thank you for the information. I watched a brief video for xlights and it looked very powerful yet overwhelming to say the least. Now it looks like I have some software to learn ! Thank you both for the info. Maybe Aircookie will implement this before next Christmas.

Noobz

There are other software packages that are not quite as powerful as xLights, but still have the capability to treat multiple WLED controlled strips as a single entity. I do not know the name(s) of them, but they are searchable and probably supported by WLED. ArtNet communication / control protocol comes to mind, and whatever smaller software package that uses that might do the job without a lot of hassle.

I think if it can run on a PI, it might just be what I need for a project of my own!