Enable IR

Hello!

Now I have a small WLED miniboard (ABC! WLED Controller Board mini 5V/12V (ESP32) | HW10014) with the possibility to add an IR receiver. The original firmware 1.13.3 was w/o IR compiled (that is what I suspected), I was unable to find an option to activate IR and the settings for GPIO or IR sender. However, to have a fast test, I downloaded a firmware from WLED installation (wled-install.github.io).

My first try was ESP32 (4MB flash, APA102 2MHz + Alexa/Hue/Infrared enabled). The second try was ESP32 (4MB flash, Ethernet, APA102 2MHz + Alexa/Hue/Infrared enabled, MQTT enabled)

On my first try, I was unable to find the IR settings (like with the original flashed FW). I followed Infrared - WLED Project and searched for the settings, but no success. So, I thought my OTA flash was a fail and I tried the MQTT firmware (only to verify, if I got the MQTT feature). And yes. The second upload gave me an additional section to configure MQTT.

But, again, unfortunately not the IR settings.

I may be doing something wrong. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is and how I get to the settings and why the firmware does not show me any options? Do I have to solve this manually via a custom YAML configuration?

Best regards, Aljoscha

I guess I solved my issue by myself.

This was, what I read:

But I missed this config introduction:

The settings are on two different pages.

All versions of WLED come with IR enabled by default. The only thing to do is assign GPIO and choose IR remote type in LED settings. You do not need to do anything in Sync settings. Sync settings affect how WLED instances communicate with each other.
Some other forks remove IR in their official builds.

I would also recommend to use 0.14.0-b5 as it has a few updates compared to 0.13.3.

Now, I have everything working. With a debug-enabled firmware (e.g. a build from v0.14.0-b “Hoshi”) I see the IR received codes in the serial debug output.

I would also recommend to use 0.14.0-b5 as it has a few updates compared to 0.13.3.

I don’t think I can use this because there are massive dropout problems. A simple Scan preset with only two to four LEDs and about 1sec per 100 LEDs “stalls” randomly. I.e. at a random point the movement stops and according to the timing, it continues 5 to 20 LED later. There are dropouts again. I have never had this with a 0.13.3.