Issue loading presets error message

Hi i have the same issue i don’t know what to do i have the backup files i try to uploading but its not working
Possible to get help?
Thanks

Copy to clipboard and open http://wled.local/edit page. Create presets.json file, paste copied content and press save.

Replace wled.local with IP address of your ESP.

I’m also running a digquad with ethernet and having the exact same problem with corrupted JSON. Still seems to be an issue in 0.13.1 I’ve tried the OTA flashing multiple times but I’ll try again using USB.

Yep, this is definitely still an issue – I’m on v0.13.1 (Build 2203150) pre-flashed on my Dig-uno, and initially my first 2-3 presets were fine. But once I tried to add a playlist and do any serious work with presets it started corrupting the Json quickly… I finally was able to get a backup after it saved my playlist, and another with other presets, and then manually reconstruct a minified Json merging them… but at this point I do NOT trust the UI to reliably change the Presets and am now keeping a backup after EVERY change – ugggg.

I would jump up to v0.13.3, there were quite a number of updates in the interim releases.

Stability improvements are definitely part of that.

Ok, Thanks – I’ve now updated to v0.13.3, and will report back if I continue to experience issues…

I am running 0.13.3 on a Dig-quad. I am experiencing the same issue. I have deleted the presets.json and let it build a new one. I can save one or two presets but after a couple of minutes, they are gone with the error message that something went wrong with them.

What are my options to fix this? Obviously not everyone has this issue but it seems to be somewhat prevalent.

1 Like

Try 0.14 beta.

I’ve been searching for that file. Have not found it… :frowning:

I had the same issue with v0.13.3
The 0.14 beta resolved it.
Thanks for the tip, @blazoncek

Had this issue on two new DigQuads, 14beta seems to have fixed the issue here as well.
Although, the 3rd data channel was on PIN 1, now says unavailable.

I can live with this for now but guessing the firmware i used (with ethernet usermod) isn’t quite what i needed?

You are using a debug build. Debug builds disable GPIO1 for LED output.

1 Like

On 2nd look, im not sure this is fixed.
I flashed via USB the 14 beta, and initially it seemed fine, but it has also now just dropped all config after a few saves of presets.

I have backups as they are installed in situ now and difficult to re-flash.
Can i provide any logs or more info to assist in troubleshooting this?

I’ve just had this error…
Just appeared randomly…

In trying to fix, when pasting in the presets to the edit, it seems to cut off the end of the paste - i.e. a single line doesnt appear to be long enough

that is your browser acting on you
i can paste in excess of 65000 characters in a line
use desktop if you are not using it

Yes, it seemed that chrome just didn’t show it all

Pasting in what was saved (which is an awesome feature btw!) Fixed this issue

No idea how the issue occurred however

Or so I thought. :thinking:
After creating a seventh preset, the error popped up again.
I was able to get back my presets by editing the presets.json file, as other users have described.

Having the same issue here. Updated to v0.3.13 but I lose my presets within minutes of saving the presets.json file. Any actually resolve this yet?

The root cause has not yet been fixed. 0.14 will lessen the impact though.