Presets disappear

No clue why, but my presets disappear all the time. I create them again and they are working fine. Even a restored backup won’t work

wled version? I saw some people reporting that before.

Latest I think

please describe the issue in more detail.

Hi, After creating some presets, everything works fine, but suddenly it says that the preset cannot be loaded and shows a copy of the last known one. Restoring the backup doesn’t work either. Then I go to the website xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/edit and delete the default JSON file. Then I can restore the preset through the program.

Yesterday the lights were moving just fine when they suddenly stopped moving but stayed on (like a screenshot). The program on my phone and the website no longer worked. I had to physically unplug the controller and then it worked fine again.
But I like WLED

Thanks
Dieter

You are experiencing corruption of presets. The root cause has been mitigated to some extent in 0.14 (not yet available).

You can try to fix corrupted file by loading it into one of online JSON parsers or look for non-ASCII characters using /edit.
Uploading file works and has been tested many times, what you may see is cached presets in your browser’s local storage. There is a button for clearing it in UI Settings.

BTW I did notice your file system is 1507kB in size which is old and may prevent you from further updates. If possible, backup configuration and presets, erase flash and use web installer to upload latest available version. The file system size should read 983kB after that.

1 Like

Hey, thanks so much. Do you have a quick guide on how to erase and install the new version. I’m not so familiar with it.

Thanks again
Dieter

I have also experienced this when frequently saving presets.

Sorry for late respone. Easiest is to use web flashing tool. Best is using esptool.