Newbie RGB Questions

Hi there, I am very new to this and trying to set up a Smart RGB Strip Light setup on my camper trailer, and I would appreciate some advice please on which products I should purchase.

I want 6 x strips of at least 40 leds on each. I want the lighting effects to be able to “fan” from strip one to strip six sequentially, and also for all 6 strips to “radiate” out from inside to outside. Because of where and how the strips will be mounted, they will need to be physically wired like the diagram shows below, ie the led strips are the white bars and the wiring is the red lines. Im assuming this means i need a 6 channel controller?

I have 12V and 240V power sources to work with, but no WiFi, so will need to be remote controlled or preferably an app on my phone via bluetooth. I have WiFi at home for updates or program uploads etc.

Preferably the strips will need to be min IP65. Oh and I also need them to just do warm white or amber, but not too fussy over the actual exact colours/temperature etc.

I am good at installing stuff but not necessarily programming etc, so will need a relatively user-friendly UI!

Thank you for any help I can get!

The easiest solution would be a controller that can handle (at least) 6 outputs so that each strip could connect separately.

The simplest option would likely be the Wasatch Lights Bong 69. Yea kind of an odd name. It is a reasonably new offering and is not to be confused with a different (Wasatch Pixels) company.

The next option that is a lil more costly would be Quindor’s Dig Octa & power board This may be a bit more confusing to hook up but is very likely to be a much superior product and Quindor is around in these forums/discord a good bit.

The cheapest option would be a regular Esp32 & level shifter. This would be the most involved as you would need to solder the wires to the controller and level shifter or use some form of breakout board.

What LEDs depends on how dense you want them (# per meter) and if you want them individually controlled or controlled in groups.

WLED controllers have an AP mode that allow you to connect your phone/pc/tablet to the controllers own Access Point. You could then control the lights from an app/web browser without a wifi network.

*Keep in mind if you connect to the controllers access point your phone will no longer have internet access and you would need to disconnect from the controller to regain internet on your phone.

Other control options would be adding a IR receiver and using an IR remote or using a Wizmote

-WLED does not support Bluetooth

As for the effects you are looking for, that should be no problem using segments and presets.

and ofcause as you got the seperation you can go for LEDmapping on Wled that makes thinges come more comen for the effects
more then one LED mapp list is supported

My advise is to go for a simple ESP32 and a good levelshifter