Noob: RGBW Hallway lighting (2x15m)

Hi there ! I’m a total LED noob, I’ve done some research but I’m kinda lost in a sea of choices.
Here’s what I want:

• Light a hallway with 2 synchronised strips (one oriented toward the wall one toward the ceiling). That’s about 2x15m of led strip.
  • The hallway has a L shape so I’ll need to make some cuts and use corner connectors.
  • Most of the time with neutral or warm white (RGBW) and occasionaly go crazy with colors (RGBIC)
  • I want a decent light intensity for white

The following would be “nice to have” features

• Controllable with remote (RF instead or IR because the electronic would be hidden behind some drywall) and/or APP (via wifi and/or bluetooth)
  • Dual data/backup line like in WS2815 for durability (if one led dies the whole strip doesn’t die)

What I found so far:

• Initially I wanted to go with Govee for a simple turnkey solution, but they don’t do 15m.
  • Seems like a DIY solution is needed (WLED). What controller do you recommend ? the SP line or some arduino/raspeberry ? something else ?
  • BTF-Lighting seem to make nice strips, WS2813 and WS2815 has dual data line but no RGBW (AFAIK)
  • BTF-lighting WS2814 and SK6812 does RGBW but no dual data line
  • I guess I’ll have to reinject power every few meters. For 2x15m I’d better chose a low led density 30/m probably ?

Any guidance appreciated ! thanks

As far as controllers go any esp8266 or esp32, WLED compatible, will work great and Amazon has tons to choose from.

Ones I’ve used so far.

I’d 2nd the suggestion on ESP32 based boards, for the difference in price you get a vast improvement in capabilities with the 32 vs 8266.

As far as remote control, I wouldn’t discount the IR versions. It’s pretty simple to add a wall “blank plate” somewhere near/central to your strips and drill an 1/8" hole to let the IR receiver peek out. You can put it high up/in a corner/ somewhere inoccuous. If you paint the blank plate the same colour as the wall, it will nearly disappear.

With that many LEDs, you are going to have to work out the injection wiring issues. What’s above the ceiling, and behind the wall where the LEDs go?

Nice ! Thx for the input both of you.
After more research I ended up ordering all that stuff yesterday.
It’ll be a pretty beefy installation:
2x15m of SK6812 RGBW-IC 60LEDs/m (power injection every 2m) for a total of 1800 leds.

2 x 70Amp one for each 15m strip. (I did the math, counting 80mA / LED at full intensity it should be 144A )

And finally ESP32. (Should I put each strip’s data wire on a separate data pin on the ESP32 ? or can I just put them both on the same pin ? I want both strip synchronised)

Also for the power injection, I’ll run 2 wires from each power supply and branch off to the strips every 2 meters. I’ll use quite beefy wires to minimize power loss and avoid burning the house.

If you want to be one long strip, you can just hook it together and then you could segment it out. But if you want them in two different locations, you could do it on separate pins or even separate controllers, and then sync them up through the app through two different ways, via the sync button or through IP addresses.