WiFi Connection troubles

Hey there! I am using a D1 mini and I have it flashed seemingly successfully. I can set all the LED preferences and the strip works perfectly.

However, I am having trouble getting the D1 to connect and show up in the wled app! I seem to be able to enter the SSID and password correctly and then it shows up with a created IP address in the Client IP area. I have tried a static IP as well.

When I go to the wled app and try discovery, no dice. I try to manually add, no dice. Discovery never discovers and adding manually shows device offline. The 2.4 and 5ghz bands are enabled, I believe with the same SSID. Would it be having trouble auto routing wled devices and such?

Let me know if I can give any more info to help! I tried reading through some of the github issues and issues posted here.

1. You have to be on the same network. I have multiple ssid’s in my home for various reasons and I have gotten caught that way where I’ve been on the wrong network when trying to connect.

2. If you’re on the same ssid, are you able to browse directly to the static IP address you assigned in the config? Look in your router’s client table and see if it shows up at that address or if there is another device already using that same address. It could be a conflict.

3. If you can’t browse to the ip address you think you assigned static, can you browse to address 4.3.2.1 if you connect to the AP of the controller? It may need to be rebooted to take. (not a common thing, but a reboot could help).