WLED wemos shield with relay Wiki added

Got the WLED board from srg74 up and running last night. Very cool! A little surprised that the button and CLK pins are both mapped to gpio0 on the board. What’s the story behind that choice?

Pinout came from WLED project. Actually it can be remapped. But keep board simple and maintain compatibility with project I decided to stay that way.

Thanks for this PCB version.
I just ordered 5 Pieces using v1.51.zip (WLED-wemos-shield)
I have some trouble finding the Digital microphone ICS-43434 add-on plug-in board
When I want to order it at tindie.com I get the message “This item does not ship to Netherlands”.

Is this plug-in-board equal to https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/33012474729.html

Or https://www.adafruit.com/product/3421 ?

None of the board is compatible as plug-in and with sound reactive fork. You can use INMP-441 with wires.
Problem with Tindie is shipping rates to Europe. Cheapest price for delivery is $15 per shipment and it will be no insurance and tracking number. If you want it I can add this option.

Thanks for reply.
Is it possible to sent me (link) the gerberfile for Digital microphone ICS-43434 add-on plug-in board?

DM me in Discord.

More than one year later I resumed this project. I just placed an order at Digi-Key for most of the components for PCB version 1.0. For some of the parts I had to order alternative parts, due to the absurd high lead times for the original ones.
However, there was no alternative for the DC DC CONVERTER 5V OR -5V 2.5W (VXO7805-500) at Digi-Key that I was aware of.
I ordered one DC DC CONVERTER 5V for the auto select option (MEZD74800A-B), to be able to finish one of the 6 PCBs I ordered parts for.
For the other 5 PCBs I intend to go with the manual select option, so I need to order an alternative for the VXO7805-500 (they are available at mouser.de, but shipping costs would exceed the price for the component).
Are these components usable?
_LCB78_05-0.5 DC/DC-Wandler, 2,5 W, 5 V, 500 mA, TO-220 found at LCB78_05-0.5: DC - DC-Wandler, 2,5 W, 5 V, 500 mA, TO-220 bei reichelt elektronik (4 times the price of the original part :frowning: )
_LMO78_05-1.0 DC/DC-Wandler, 5 W, 5 V, 1000 mA, SIL found at LMO78_05-1.0: DC - DC-Wandler, 5 W, 5 V, 1000 mA, SIL bei reichelt elektronik
_any other suggestions (available in Germany)?

PS: if there is no replacement available just short the 5V position (I guess I will only use 5V LEDs and power supply)?

Thanks, Thomas.

alternative for buck converter is K78L05-500R3. You can buy from Aliexpress or Ebay

Thank you, but did not find the part at Ebay for a reasonable price and at Aliexpress at all.
Quinled uses a switching regulator: DD4012SA_5v DC-DC Converter found here: DD4012SA 1A DC 5V 6V 9V 12V 24V to DC 3.3V 5V DC DC Step Down Buck Converter Voltage Regulator Module Board|Inverters & Converters| - AliExpress
Is the 5V version suitable for this project too?

https://www.mornsunpower.de/index/sitesearch/partlink/keyword/K78L05-500R3.html

Digi-Key did deliver from Midwest US to Germany in less than 36 hours - I’m impressed. And so I was able to finish the first of my 1.0-shields :slight_smile:
I went with the bare minimum due to the lack of the DC-converter, but my power-supplies and LEDs are 5V anyway. I did solder the pins to jumper the 5V instead of hardwiring it.
The LEDs on the picture are just a test-setup.

Thanks for designing and sharing the board!

My pleasure :slight_smile:

How many Amps can this PCB handle?

Relay rated 10A

1 Like

I used this one if you are still looking for an alternative

this is good to use

1 Like