All you need is a ESP with WLED flashed! Really nothing else…
Not sure about the Samsung TV, but as I understand it new ones have a ST hub built in. I personally have a v2 ST hub.
Here is the procedure:
- In the SmarThings IDE, go to “My device handlers”
- Create new device handler
- From Code
- Paste the code
- Click Create, then save and Publish for me
Then, click on “My devices”, and
- +New device
- Give it a name (Desk lamp or whatever)
- Copy name to Device Network ID
- Type: go all the way to the bottom to find WLED
- Version: Published
- Select your location
- Select your hub
- Click “Create”
Now open the ST app. That device should now be available, open it. Go to the setting gear, enter the IP address of the ESP, port (80 by default), save.
Should be it!
Since I have my WLED devices integrated with ST, Google Home connected to ST, ST integrated with Home Assistant, and Home Assistant running the Homekit component, I can turn on/off-change color and brightness of WLED devices from either Google Assistant, Siri, ST and HA.
Let me know if it works!